Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

symantec daily updates

Status
Not open for further replies.
Are you talking about the new Symantec "Norton Security Scan"? I know that one is free. Or are you talking about some other Symantec product?

--

"If to err is human, then I must be some kind of human!" -Me

Yes, if you are looking for a free antivirus solution with automatic updates that works well, AVG works great, in my opinion. I've been using that one for at least 3 years or so with no problems. I've also installed it on many other computers (business and personal).

Symantec's Norton antivirus in its "full capacity" is not free, so you may want to try something like AVG, or maybe Avast or Antivir - all 3 of these are free.

--

Well the only way that I know of right off hand is via Google's Google Pack of software.

--

Hi kjv
I went there but ther is no link to download norton.
Thanks

The only way that I know of being able to download that free Norton service is by downloading the "Google Pack" software package. Norton is one piece of it. If you didn't want anything but the Norton program, I'm sure you can just uncheck all the others in the list. At one of the pages, there is a button/link that says "add/remove software" or something to that extent. Click that button, and check/uncheck what you want - Norton is in that list.

--

How are you trying to download it?

What you have to do is this:

1. click "add/remove software"
2. Make sure Norton is checked - if not check it (this is on the next screen).
3. Click the button "download google pack" follow instructions...
4. Norton will be downloaded and installed automatically.

There is no link to ONLY download Norton. If you ONLY wanted Norton out of all the software, you could just uncheck everything and then ONLY check Norton. Then once it's installed, I'd imagine you could uninstall Google Pack, leaving Norton installed - or at least it appears that it is installed totally separately.

--

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back