Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Symantec Corporate V10.0 & W2K SP1-4

Status
Not open for further replies.

riley3

Programmer
Apr 29, 2004
US
Hello,
I have a question regarding a backdoor Trojan that infected one of our customer’s desktop PC’s. The customer’s network is behind a MS ISA server and has Symantec’s Corporate Antivirus V10.0 installed with the client software installed on “most” desktops. The machine in question OS is W2K Pro and runs Symantec Antivirus V10.0 client software with 11/15/2005 definition updates installed. We realize that the Trojan could have been introduced into the system locally but were surprised that the client antivirus software didn’t catch the virus since it’s an old virus (2002). After some quick homework it was discovered that the OS was only at SP 1 with no security updates installed. My question is could the service pack/security updates be the reason that Symantec didn’t catch the virus? Thanks for any help you may be able to give me.
Riley

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back