Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Symantec corporate 10.0.1.1000 EXTREMELY fast scan???

Status
Not open for further replies.

nixie21

Programmer
Jul 19, 2005
US
I installed this and when I run a FULL scan (all files) it is taking less than 7 minutes. On version 9 it took about a 1/2 hour..... I have confirmed that I am scanning ALL files. I also ran a custom scan just to make sure BOTH drives were to be scanned and that also took less than 7 minutes??? What am I missing???

I have a 120 gig drive with 56gig free, and a 80 gig drive (full ghost copy (not image)from main drive) full scan just took 6:53 and says only 9640 files scanned....I do not see what I am missing!

Thanks

In what way did you make sure that it was scanning ALL of the files. If you have so much as one corrupt file on your system SAV will stop the scan just like it was finishing correctly. Also, what do you have your throttle set at? Perhaps the throttle was set really high? By default it is set at minimum speed so that it doesn't interfere with whatever else is going on on the system.

I have under fily types, all types checked with no exclusions, also to scan compressed files. I believe these were the default settings. the thottle is low (I never changed it) I have found (symantec website) that others have this problems as well (2-3 people I saw) But no response on what it is???

You mentioned a corrupt file, how can I check this.

I also have trojan hunter and spysweeper and winpatrol running in the background if that matters!

Thanks for the help

Does the scan run any better when Trojan Hunter, Spysweeper and Winpatrol are not running?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back