Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Symantec Auto-Protect kills my application

Status
Not open for further replies.

Francis

Programmer
Jan 26, 1999
GB
My software, which has been in use for some years at several sites around the world has recently been prevented from working by Symantec Auto-Protect.
It removes a small exe file that downloads a small text file. The software works without it but because the file is missing Windows Installer thinkgs the software needs repair, does so and the it all happens again.
I cannot get through to Symantec themselves - hours waiting for a phone to answer and then if I get through they will not speak to me as I am not a customer of theirs.
Can anyone give me a phone number (UK preferablye) or email address to contact them.
Thanks
Francis

Have your asked the people responsible for running Symantec to have the small executible file, and the txt file excluded from scanning, which needs to be done manually from within Symantec?

Chernobyl disaster..a must see pictorial

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back