Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Symantec Antivirus version 11.05

Status
Not open for further replies.

voip64

Technical User
Feb 12, 2009
US
we currently have Symantec 10.1.6 installed on our CP CCMS and CCMA servers. Does Nortel support Symantec 11.05 antivirus

We have never used any anti-virus software on Nortel servers. We always keep the Nortel side segmented away from our commercial servers. Nothing is ever attached. Admin access is allowed in the computer room only. I have never heard of a Nortel system being attacked. Have you? Most hackers use it to make calls.

DocVic
Dedicated to Nortel Products till the end.
Need help? Call Me Now!

I had a Call Pilot that was ate up with viruses, was running so slow it was ridiculous. And yes it was on our network

OLD ROLMEN WORKING ON NORTELS AND AVAYA

Very late reply but here goes......

We have Symantec Endpoint Protection, V 11.0.5...

We have 3 systems, 2 x Rel 4 1002 servers, and 1 x Rel 5 202 server.

The SEP killed the C drives on the 1002s as the C drive was only 4Gb in size.

The SEP ran on the 202 server, however we experienced issues where all voice ports would go out of service. Strangely this coincided with live update running (finished about 3Secs before the port errors).

We have removed all Symantec as a bad joke. The Call Pilots just do not like it.

The only issue I have had with virus attacks on a CP was an old Rel 1.07. Riddled, but even so, got a backup out of it and was able to rebuild.
We also have the SEP on CC^ x 2, CCMA x 2, NCC and CCT servers, and they do not seem to suffer from it.

Good Luck

I am having the same issues, my company moved forward with Symantec End Point 11 and I installed it on 10 of my CallPilot 201i 4.0 and all them stopped answering after the first def push. It puts all the channels to a "loading state" We followed Avaya's docs and we changed the CPU utilization to give more to the CPU during scans, we moved the def pushes to off hours and still they crashed. We had to revert back to Symantec SAV10 which works fine. My 1006r's have no issues with any virus program Has anyone had a luck with end point 11 on a 201i? Seems like the hardware just cant handle the program.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back