Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Symantec Antivirus Quarantine log?

Status
Not open for further replies.

aqrose

Technical User
May 6, 2006
US
My Symantec anitvirus recently found the W32.Polip virus on my computer. Apparently this virus attaches itself to .exe files. The antivirus searched my computer and quarantined all infected files. It found over 1000 infected files. They apparently cannot be cleaned and need to be deleted. Before doing so, I want to know what files are in there so that they can be reinstalled or replaced. The problem is that a great number of them seem to have had their names abbrieviated so much that I cannot recognize them.
My question is does anyone know of a way to obtain a list of names of the files in quarantine that hasn't been abbrievated. Parts of the file name have been replaced with the ~ symbol. I cannot find the "quarantine" folder, if there is such a thing. I can only see what is in quarantine by clicking on View-Quarantine and that is where the list with abbrieviated file names can be found.
Thanks.

Try this:

\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Symantec\Symantec AntiVirus Corporate Edition\7.5\Quarantine

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back