Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Symantec Antivirus Corporate Edition 9 Primary & Secondary conflict

Status
Not open for further replies.

Systechi

MIS
Oct 10, 2005
NZ
I have a Symantec Antivirus Corporate Edition 9 server and the plan is to demote this server once the new server is build and upgraded to version 10. I am building another server with 9.0 and want this to be the secondary server. However, I get an error message saying that there is a Primary Conflict. How do I go about resolving this so that I can have a secondary server on the same network as my current Primary server?

Symantec Antivirus Corporate Edition 9 and 10 are not managed on the same level by default. By default, SACE 10 Symantec System Center manages SACE 10 only UNLESS you select the option to allow it to manage SACE 9 also.

Note. You should have Symantec System Center that comes with SACE 10 installed somewhere on your network.

Open Symantec System Center

Unlock the SACE 10 Group
Right-click on the Server
Then go All Tasks->Symantec Antivirus->Server Tuning Options.

On the Rollout and management tab select "Allow this server to manage 9.x" then reboot

I don't know sir...I guess its broke.

make sure you backup your root certificate directories...

You may also want to run this by the Symantec:Norton AntiVirus forum..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back