Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Symantec antivirus can't remove DWH trojan, please help !!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Melchiah

Technical User
Jul 25, 2007
CN
Oh guys I need help!

I am using Symantec antivirus, version 10.2.0.224 (coporate version i think), scan engine is 71.3.0.25. With latest virus definition update.

Recently when I scan my computer, when it reach the application data > *my user name* > temp,

It detects looooots of trojan name "DWH****" (**** is random number, like 3D25, 5C68). And this file seems duplicate itself into different name when the virus scan touch it, so my virus scan forever stuck in this folder, scan up to 3k of files with the same name, like "DWH1D23, DWH5C71... ...blah blah blah". And it seems endless, I got to manually stop it (scan up to 5 hours!).

When I use the antivirus function to delete all of these file, restart the comp and try scan again, those files are still there, but with slightly different name!

So what I do is I enter the computer safemode, manually go into the same folder (application data > *my username* > temp), delete all of the file (I can't do that in normal mode, when it delete immediately it change name, so it will show "the file is no longer there").

Looksl ike my Symantec antivirus wont give me a damn about it, I download SPybot S&D and update it, scan it but seems no luck as well.

Can someone teach me how to overcome this situation? Thanks !

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back