Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Symantec Antivirus Auto-Protect Won't Stay Enabled

Status
Not open for further replies.

queuce

Technical User
Aug 13, 2007
CA
I currently have Symantec Antivirus Corporate Edition version 10.2.276 installed on my computer and it has been working perfectly since August. Only today when I started up my computer was there a little red circle with a slash through on my Symantec system tray icon. I right click it and say "enable auto-protect", which it does, but only for a few seconds. The red circle with a slash through comes back and auto-protect is once again disabled. I was wondering if anyone had any comments or suggestions as to how to fix this.

Thanks for your help!

I saw something similar recently on a workstation following a MS automatic update.

Go into Services and you'll probably see that the SAV is now set to Manual and is off. Change it back to Automatic and reboot. That worked for us and no problems since.

Did someone change settings on in SSC?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back