Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Sybase, Windows 2003 server issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

MaheshAg

Programmer
May 22, 2007
CA
Hi

We are facing a very strange problem. We have windows 2003 server hosting a web application which uses sybase as database. The problem is the code executes fine if I host the web application on a xp machine but on 2003 server it gives the error :
Object Refernce not set to an isntance of an object.

The code and database are same in both instances.

The error being very common we have checked all the pieces of code referenced and nothing seems to be set to null after debugging. The error happens when it tries to execute a stored procedure. The strange thing being, the same function calls the same stored procedures twice, it executes perfectly the first time but throws the above exception second time. The parameters are excatly the same. Also, If i try to execute another stored procedure the second time, it too fails. We have checked for memory leaks, code that is executed prior to the above stored procedure, everything seems ok. We have even tried to excute the select command inside the stored procdure directly, but get the same issue. There is only one select command inside the stored procedure.

Thanks in advance for all the help.

I look forward to any help possible.

Thanks

What version of Sybase ASE are you using? I had a problem that sounds similar that was due to corruption in the procedure cache (memory area that holds procedures) - it started happening when I upgrated to 2003 and version 15. Once I rebooted the ASE it cleared up - but I had to reboot a few times over a 6 month period. I can't say that I actually got to the bottom of the problem though.

check out our Sybase resources at

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back