Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Sybase, DSN connection, MS Access, ASP

Status
Not open for further replies.

jfrizelle

Programmer
Jan 15, 2004
IE
Hi, I don't know if I'm posting in the right place, but maybe someone here can help.

I have a sybase database, and want to read certain records to be displayed through a browser. At the moment, I have created an Ms Access database and linked to the relevant tables using ODBC. (I've done it this way because it's the only way I know how.). The connection is made ok, and I can open the linked tables.

The Sybase database has a password, which I think may be causing a problem. When I open the linked table through Access, it asks me for the username and password, which I duly enter. However, when I use ASP to connect to the Access database, I get the following error :

Microsoft JET Database Engine error '80040e4d'
Cannot start your application. The workgroup information file is missing or opened exclusively by another user.

I've had a look around online but can't find the solution - I don't know whether it's because Sybase is thrown into the equation or not - any help or pointers in the right direction would be much appreciated.

Also, on a different note, is there a front-end for sybase, preferably web-based? I currently use Sybase isql, black-screen, command-line.

Thanks,
Jennie.

Use of DBArtisan might help you solve these problem.
This is single IDE that can connect to SQL Server , Sybase as well as lot of ODBC database.

Try getting it and it would solve your Black and White Hell.

Regards
Nikhil.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back