Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Syatem Back-up Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ski123

Technical User
Mar 21, 2008
US
We currently have a CallPilot with older release 2 running on a 1002 server. We are upgrading to a new 1005 sever and release 5 software. My question is will the back-up media we use on the 1002 ( think they are SLR 50 tapes 25 0r 30 GB )work on the 1005 server or do we need the larger tapes?

A Full System Backup on my 1005r is 21 GB, so as long as you have a compatible tape drive in the CP server, the 25 GB tape should work.

FWIW I haven't used a backup tape in years. The drives need constant cleaning, the tapes can be flaky, and it is just too convenient and fast to backup to a Network Drive. (My 2 cents)

I agree with allenmac. Also your upgrade will go a lot faster if you backup to a network location and perform your restore from that location. When we do an upgrade, we always perform a backup to both a network location and to a tape. Then when we perform the restore, we use the network backup. We have the tape on hand for a redundant backup.

War Eagle!
Lions Baseball '09!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back