Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Sxcript: Attaching pdf to email.

Status
Not open for further replies.

davidk2

Technical User
Apr 23, 2006
US
I cannot find any info about trouble shooting this:

Email script works except it will not attach the pdf.

I recently moved my solution from a peer to peer network to a filemaker server. (OK, let me have it - running server 5.5 and running FM 6)

The email script used to work ONLY on the computer serving the peer to peer network. Attach the pdf and away the email went. But NOW that it is on the server I cannot get the pdf to go with the email!!

I have set the server to send and receive email. That works...it's just the dang pdf sits in the server folder.

Any help out there?

Thanks! David

David,

I've been gone for a few days so sorry for the late response.

Are you still having trouble? If so I think you need to think of FileMaker from the perspective of the client machine. Even if the database is located on the server, your FileMaker Pro client will act (in this case) like the file is local. So, if you want to get a file (attachment) that is actually located on a server, you have to provide the full path to the file from the perspective of the FileMaker client. i.e.

\\FileServer\SharedFolder\Folder\FileToAttach.pdf

I did this as if you are on Windows machines, if you're on a Mac I'm sorry but I can't help you with that because I don't know about Macs.

Let me know if you need more help.

-Striker

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back