Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

SX2000 - Console Ringer has stopped Ringing!

Status
Not open for further replies.

jeffgoza

IS-IT--Management
May 3, 2002
US

Hello ~

The ringer on our SX2000 console has stopped ringining. You can see an incoming call on the screen but nothing audible. We have rebooted the PC and keypad module both. We have even replaced the keypad module and it worked for another week but now has stopped.

Any ideas?

What type of console we talking about? old SS7 or newer SC2000? I know you said PC and keyboard but the SS7 looked like a PC and keyboard.

The single biggest problem with communications is the illusion that it has taken place.

I'm guessing it's the SC2000. It uses a standard PC (w/keyboard & mouse) to run the software but then has a SEPERATE keypad for the operator to use to answer and transfer calls.

The software comes up with Operator Present, Day Service, etc.

have you been in to the options menu and made sure that the volume slider is turned up ( i think there is also a mute)
also does your PC have a speaker that is working? and not muted

Share what you know - Learn what you don't

@dryaquaman
I think there is a mute key on the keypad next to the volume key
jeffgoza has said this is a second keypad so that is why I have suggested it being in the software options

Many thanks for the suggestions. So far we still haven't been able to fix this. There is a on/off button (along with volume buttons) on the 2nd keypad but they don't seem to work.

We even brought the entire system down Monday afternoon (a major thing) and then back up but the problem continues.

are the sound drivers on the PC installed correctly?

Sound drivers are ok. The computer makes other sounds.

The ringing actually came from the telephone handset module (plugged in with a USB cable to the computer) rather than the computer itself. It will work for a time and then go silent again. The volume and on/off buttons seem to have no effect.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back