Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

SX200 ICP>Analog Phones Randomly Ring

Status
Not open for further replies.

jabbo99

Technical User
Nov 4, 2013
US
ONe of my hospitality clients has reported that their housekeepers have noticed that analog room phones randomly ring once in while in guest rooms. It seems to be very random. Has anyone heard of this occuring before?

Message waiting indicators can cause some phones to ring

What's most important is that you realise ... There is no spoon.

Even if the room is vacant?

When I use the PMS emulator to test communication between it and the PBX and VM, I've noticed that when I play with the check in/out feature, the phone rings when I check out the phone. Just saying...

I have no idea what is causing this issue and was only offering a suggestion.

You have stumbled upon one of my language pet peeves. I absolutely hate "Just Saying..." If there is a more passive aggressive statement in 2 words or less, I don't know of it, just saying...

What's most important is that you realise ... There is no spoon.

Lmbo!!!!!!! That saying is an expression of my thoughts regarding this very quirky issue as I've never heard of this happening before...

Thanks for the suggestion. I'll need more in order for direction to solve this one. Thanks kwb

pickup groups?
There is a cos which makes all phones in a pickup group yelp when a call comes into any phone in the group... just thinking out loud [dazed]

Thanks Cinter. It only happens on guest room phones. I had the staff work with me and we found that whenever a room is checked out via the PMS, the phone in that phone rings. It's just one quick ring. No guest room phones are in a pick up group
Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back