Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

SX-2000 Can't delete msg wtg ind button from multiline 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

ClarkTelTom

Technical User
Oct 30, 2008
US
I have an SX-2000. I have a multiline station with button 2 refering to a number that is a "Non-Prime Broadcast Group". Line type is "key system" and it's set to "ring" Basically, it's an appearance of an outside DID.

On button 3 is a "msg wtg ind" for the same number.

Problem is if I try to esc-6 "delete line" on button 2 it won't commit the change...“Deassign the message waiting indicator lines first”.

If I try to do that on button 3 it says "This line is currently in use.” It’s a catch 22!

I can e-mail a Word file with screen shots if anyone thinks they can help. Thanks!

Your problem is that the message waiting indicator is lit (ergo "in use"). You will need to clear the MW indicator status before you can delete it.

I take it the lamp is flashing for the MWI.

You must turn it off before you can delete it.

If this is embedded mail, deleting the associated mailbox should turn off the lamp.

If not, you may be in for a challenge.

Occam's Razor - All things being equal, the simplest solution is the right one.

Thanks guys. It's a Repartee voice mail and the reason I'm trying to delete the msg wtg button is because VM has turned it on erroneously. This happens sometimes with Prime lines. Sometimes VM turns on the lamp for a "Call Back" to the VM pilot. I can turn it off from a 4025 for a Prime Line. But there's apparently no way to do it for Non Prime. Hence my approach was to delete the button. If you have any other thoughts on how to turn it off without deleting the button, they would be appreciated!

use the msg wtg off code (find it in feature access code assignemnt) probably something like *42nnnn.

NO GOOD DEED GOES UNPUNISHED!

Put the phone you're trying to use as the control point into the VoiceMail Hunt Group and set it's class of service to include "Do Not Disturb Permanent" = Yes
then use that phone from which to send your MWI Control codes

MIMB - you're a genius!

That solution is so obvious in retrospect. Turning off MWI's can be such a pain, especially if they are callbacks and not the dialed message waiting.

You get a star, and a request for a FAQ.

Occam's Razor - All things being equal, the simplest solution is the right one.

I've had a "VM Control Point" phone on the bench next to me for so many years.... But we actually take it a step further. Since our VM system (Octel) is external to the PBX(s) I used a 4150 + PKM48 for this. In that way I can have 'no-ring' key apps (BLF) of every VM port in the system and watch the display as calls rotate through the VM equipment. BLF so I can press the button and directly call each port to test (COV Integration)... yes very old, but very-very reliable. There's also two CDE Speedcall keys on buttons 13 and 14; one is labeled MWI=ON and the other MWI=OFF. No need to remember the codes, just press the appropriate button + the # of the target set.

We use this almost daily in MOV/SWAPS - as you know neither OPS MAN nor command-line Mov/Swap brings the MWI lamp status with it. Ergo on moves we check first (LOC FE E ####) and make sure it's off before the PLID change (or Mov/Swap) then turn it back on after. Keeps the customers happy :)

I'll put up a FAQ on it later, perhaps this weekend. Tnx for the *

Thanks all. I had seen the old thread about adding a station to the VM hunt group; excellent idea and I appreciate the extra info. I'll definately do something like that as clearing BLFs has been a pain.

My problem is solved thanks to your suggestions. Here's what I found for anyone reading this in the future:

I could not clear the "msg wtg ind" button through programming but going to the phone (in a remote building for anyone thinking "why didn't you do that in the first place Einstein") and using the Superkey under "personal" I could delete it. Once cleared, I put it back but found the Repartee still did not reliably turn the Non Prime msg wtg ind on and off in anything close to a reliable fashion. I opted to kill the button altogether and change the mailbox to a "transaction box" in Repartee. This puts the messages in the subscriber box of the user who has to retrieve them with a header announcement so she first retrieves her personal messages as a group and then the messages for the virtual line as a group. The only downside is when someone else has to back-up this person she needs to provide her VM security code or through programming the transaction box owner would have to be changed.

OK KwbMitel it is done. Let me know what polish or revision it needs. faq1329-7159

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back