Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

swtich not recognize commands

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xiceron

Technical User
Nov 20, 2013
The problem I have is that the switch does not recognize any command in the hyperterminal shows me the text I write, to give enter nothing happens, and try what it says below, and does not work:

Otherwise, you can clear the entire configuration and start from scratch by establishing a console session (8/n/1/xon/xoff) and holding the spacebar down when a prompted to do so appears on the console output. Watch the console screen for the message as the switch comes up. It's easy to miss the first time, so it might take a few reboots to catch it. You will first see a message to hold the spacebar to enter the bootstrap, which you do not want. Once in the bootrom type "config none" and then "reboot". The default configuration will be used, so the "admin" account will have no password. Be sure to save the config immediately to overwrite anything in the primary.cfg file.

Please some help!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back