Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Switchview/Avotus problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

WaA66

Vendor
May 29, 2009
US
Is anyone familiar with this product? I am getting port processor errors that say:

SVSW Port Processor Error - CDR file numbering incorrect

I am looking for some help on where to look in the server in order to correct this.

Thanks

I'm assuming that your system was working properly and now it isn't. Switchview is very reliable once it is up and running but it can be tricky to set up new sites. I have seen that error several times in the last 10 years or so. One of the main causes is when the Switchview server crashes due to power interruptions etc. Sometimes the file numbering error can be cleared by shutting down Switchview gracefully then restarting it. Other times Avotus has to log in and run their utilities to clean up the files. If the latter is required I hope you have a maintenance agreement with them.

Good luck.

Herbie7698,
Thanks for the response; you are right about reliability and correct about the cause(non-graceful shutdown). I have already tried the shutdown/restart but did not fix. I have also had experience with this before and Avotus had to clear the problem. Unfortunately we droppped the maint as we are phasing them out and I guess we will have to find a work around.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back