Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Switching the data source from table to a stored proc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

datahound

MIS
Jun 15, 2000
CA
Hello,<br><br>I am wondering if it is possible to switch the datasource of a report from a combination of tables to the dataset returned from a stored procedure.&nbsp;&nbsp;When I change the data source, I have to be able to pass the proc 2 parameters.&nbsp;&nbsp;If I can switch the source to a stored procedure, will Crystal prompt me for the 2 parameters?<br><br>Any help would be highly appreciated.<br><br>Thanks<br><br>Graham Heath

I don't know about whether or how this would work at runtime, but it is fairly easy to do at design time.&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;Crystal doesn't like you having sp's and tables in the report at the same time, so you should delete the tables, then add the stored proc, add the fields the dropped off the report when you deleted their tables, and tweak any formulas that remain and still refer to the now nonexistent tables.&nbsp;&nbsp;The stored proc needs to have the parameters in it - crystal picks these up from the stored proc, not the other way around. <p>Malcolm Wynden<br><a href=mailto:wynden@island.dot.net>wynden@island.dot.net</a><br><a href= > </a><br>

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back