Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Switchboard vs. Form for Main menu

Status
Not open for further replies.

sparkbyte

Technical User
Sep 20, 2002
US
I have been migrating Access Applications/Databases to Access Projects with MS SQL 2k or 2k5 as the data backend.

My question for those of you out there is this. Do you continue to use the switchbord for the menu system of do you create forms to within the Application do do this??

Thanks

John Fuhrman
faq329-6766
faq329-7301
thread329-1334328
thread329-1424438

Personally, I stopped using the switchboard method a long time ago for anything but the simplest of solutions which need a quick (& temporary) answer.

The reason behind this question is to fold. I have tried to create a custom form that works similarly without much luck.

The second and primary reason is that I am in the process of attempting to get approval to consolidate about 12 to 15 individual Access Applications and their associated data into a single Application with a SQL Server backend.

Does anyone have a custom menu system that could be shared that I could use as a learning tool?

Some reference material on building a menu system in Access would be greatly appreciated also!!

Thanks

John Fuhrman
faq329-6766
faq329-7301
thread329-1334328
thread329-1424438

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back