Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Switchboard Manager problem 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

JAES

Technical User
Jul 25, 2004
GB
I have been using the switchboard manager to conrol menus on my database. I know there are better methods out there but I'm not ready to convert or create new menus yet.

Recently, when I try and add a new switchboard command invoving forms I get a "for loop not initialized" error. I only get it if I'm trying to access a form. I can add reports just fine. I'm below the 8 items per menu limitiations. It seems like I'm getting that same error message at other times also. I tried this on another computer so I don't think it is the access software but a problem in the database. I have tried compact and repair too.

Any suggestions are appreciated.

You may want to try this.
1)Build a new database.
2)Use "File" "Import" and import all tables, queries, code, and forms into your new database. Except do not import your old switchboard form and switchboard item table.
3)If you want to rebuild your switchboard then you should be able to rebuild. Now if you do not want to rebuild your switchboard you can do the following:

4) Create a new switchboard and do not add any items.
5) Delete the switchboard items table in your new database and import the old switchboard items table into your new database. This should keep all of your old settings.

Well, I'm not exactly sure why but that worked. Thank you for your assistance.

The reason it worked is that the switchboard form has a lot of code associated with it. Somehow that code got corrupted. Whenever you corrupt a database importing your objects into a new db is a good start.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back