Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Switchboard in Excel (similar to Access switchboard)?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ashows

MIS
May 10, 2002
US
I'm working on an Excel 97 workspace that opens 7 related workbooks. One workbook is for data entry, a couple are used to calculate costs and production, and the rest contain multiple worksheets that are used for printing reports based on the data that has been keyed in. My users like the switchboard feature in Access and would like a switchboard incorporated into the Excel workspace to help navigate the workbooks and print reports. How can this be accomplished?

Hi ashows,
I guess the best way to accomplish this is by creating a user form, with buttons on it which take the users to the various sheets / print out the various reports. This will then appear to be very similar to the Access switchboard.
Let me know if you need more details on creating user forms.

Cheers,

wadjssd

How do I create a user form? Can I have more than one in a worksheet? Will I assign macros and/or VBA code to the buttons to go to the various worksheets and print reports? Can the user form be displayed automatically when the users open the workspace?

Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back