Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Switchable wireless profiles

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sympology

MIS
Jan 6, 2004
GB
Not sure if this is possibel but;

Is it possibel to have different wireless setups for different locations, without an entire new user profile?

To explain better I have someone that 99% of time will need to have a "standard" wireless connection (DHCP / DNS etc), but in one location, they need to have a Static IP address.Is it possible to set these for just this one SSID / location?

Robert Wilensky:
We've all heard that a million monkeys banging on a million typewriters will eventually reproduce the entire works of Shakespeare. Now, thanks to the Internet, we know this is not true.

I hope someone more intelligent than I comes here and tells you how to do it, but a workaround to me would be a batch or Autoit script that does it for them.

Does the user have trouble getting the Static routes in or is it just the hassle of doing it that is leading to the question?

"You don't know what you got, till it's gone..
80's hair band Cinderella or ode to data backups???

You could use the Alternate Configuration tab from the Network Controller Settings to specify a secondary static configuration for use when DHCP is not available.

Provide-Alternative-IP-Address.jpg

----------------------------------
Phil AKA Vacunita
----------------------------------
Ignorance is not necessarily Bliss, case in point:
Unknown has caused an Unknown Error on Unknown and must be shutdown to prevent damage to Unknown.

Web & Tech

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back