Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Switch stacking with 3750s with 3750Xs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Michoud

Technical User
Dec 27, 2005
US
I currently have a stack of 3750 switches. All have the same advancedipservices IOS. I want to add a couple of new 3750Xs. The new 3750Xs have an IOS with 'universal' in the name. From what I understand, the 'universal' IOS image contains all of the feature sets, but only the feature sets of the license purchased are used. Theses new switches have a license for the ipbase feature set.

The old switches have an IOS that begins with the name 'c3750-'. The 3750X switches have an IOS that begins with the name 'c3750e-'.

I have a few questions:

1) Can the 3750X switches use an IOS with the name 'c3750-' instead of 'c3750e-'?
2) If yes, will the ipbase license on the switch allow me to load an advanceservicesip IOS on the switch?
3) If no, what will happen if I try to stack the 3750xs onto the 3750s with the IOS's they have now?

Feel free to give additional advice on what steps I need to take to stack these all together with advanceipservices.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back