Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Switch off hook switch hot line aka Direct One Way Hotline

Status
Not open for further replies.

GUIsareapassingfad

IS-IT--Management
Feb 5, 2016
US
Hi,
I work a hotel and we have a number of 500 analog phones that automatically dial the front desk when you pick up the phone.
I thought i knoew how to switch it off so you get a dial tone but apparently not.
How do i revert the phone back to "normal" and eliminate the hotline aka "batphone" feature?
I am using this to switch it on:

> LD 10cr (Load Program 10.)
REQ : CHGcr
TYPE : 500cr
TN 9 7cr
ECHG YEScr
ITEM CLS MNLcr (Class of Service set to Manual.)
ITEM FTR HOT D 4 xxxxcr (Assign a Direct Hotline to call extension xxxx.)
FTRcr
ITEMcr
REQ : ENDcr (Exit Program 10.)

for now i am outing the hotline phone and copying over a phone that has dial tone.

I know some of you guys are in the UK, so you may not get the "Batphone" reference. Its from the 60's tv show. Commissioner Gordon would pick up a special red phone and it would automatically call stately Wayne manor and Batman, where upon Commish would say something like "That Nefarious No Goodnik the Riddler has struck again!" Timeless!(They just dont write em like that anymore.)

Nortel Meridian1
Version 2511
Release 25
Issue 8

Thank you gentlemen,
This is the Cript i run:
REQ: chg
TYPE: 500500
TN 20 0 13 15
ECHG no
CDEN
DES C314