Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Switch INI'd

Status
Not open for further replies.

mars1947

Technical User
Mar 9, 2005
US
We have been having trouble making outgoing calls intermittently on one of our PRI's, the CO would send a reject message indicating the channel was not available, but it showed idle in the switch. Callers would get 'release and try again' so I disabled the dch and the loop and the other PRI picked up the traffic OK. Our vendor came today and wanted to swap the tmdi card that the bad loop was riding. He verified that the dch and loop were disabled and then pulled the card. When he seated the new card the switch went INI, should he have done something else? Tech support said that what he had done was correct but that this will happen one out of a hundred times. Could we have done anything to prevent this?

DID HE DISABLE THE TMDI CARD IN LD 96

OLD ROLMEN WORKING ON NORTELS

unless the tech actually ran the command dis tmdi x from ld 96 like Perrypj stated, you're going to get an INI everytime you yank or reseat one

dis tmdi, and that card may have a clock daughter board.. if it had the d on board, dis msdl x all..

what he should have done was rtfb, or ask someone here.. his name wasn't john hill was it?

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

There is a 'Loadware' patch for MSDL's not sure what Protocol you are using cetainly for EuroISDN.

This patch resolves Set-Up Response to far end (Control Blocks) to manage Incoming/Outgoing calls.

MPLR18179

Hope this helps, you may need to raise this with your Maintainer.

Cheers!!

In ld 96 only the dch was disabled and the loop was disabled in ld 60, he did not dis the tmdi from what I saw, so that is surely what caused the ini, the clock was on the other card, and his name wasn't john hill. Thanks for the respones, I'll be sure to remind him of this the next time he comes by.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back