Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Switch backup

Status
Not open for further replies.

cas1437

MIS
Sep 21, 2010
US
I have been reading a number of posts to try and improve what little I know. This is leading me to an important question: How do I create a backup of the switch in case it crashes? I have a few overnight routines that run (NWS LD30,NPR LD32,BCD LD45,DTIM LD60,CCED LD135) and THANKS to ghtrout I am saving some information. There is a tape drive attached but I am not sure it is backing up the whole system or just voicemail.

cs100e, version 4021, release 6 (I have read enough of theses posts to know that I should have provided this earlier.)

back up the customer configuration database to a remote PC or external storage:

1. Log on to the system.
2. Perform a data dump in LD 43 (EDD).
3. When the data dump is successful, exit LD 43 (****).
4. Type LD 143.
The system responds:CCBR000 .

Review Steps 5 through 7 before you proceed. If you do not complete these steps within approximately 5 minutes after you issue the XBK command, the system times out.

5. Type XBK.

The system responds with the following: INFO: total packets : xxx number of retries : 0 receive timeouts : 0 system errors : 0 unknown characters : x transfer cancelled : 0 packets received out of sequence : 0 packets with corrupted sequence : 0 packets
failed checksum/crc check : 0 incomplete packets : 0 duplicate packets : 0

6. Enter a header name for the configuration data backup file and press Return. Enter

up to 128 characters of text, including spaces, carriage returns, and line feeds.If you enter more than 128 characters, the system exits text entry mode and responds with R>.

7. If you do not want to enter any text, press Return.

The system responds with R> , indicating that it is ready to continue. Important: You must complete the next step within 2 minutes, or the system times out. If a timeout occurs, return to Step 5 and retype the XBK command.

8. To receive the configuration database file, use the Xmodem protocol. The file arrives in binary format.
For information about receiving files, see the manual supplied with your communications software package.

9. Wait for the file transfer operation to end. File transfer time depends on database size and baud rate. When the file transfer is completed successfully, the system responds OK.

10. If the file transfer fails, the system responds with one of the following:

BKP0003 Indicates that some of the transferring data is invalid. Data transfer is not attempted.

Corrective action: Repeat the backup procedure from the
beginning (EDD).
BKP0008 Indicates that the data transfer is interrupted by a system timeout or by a line problem, such as excessive noise.
Corrective action: Repeat the procedure from Step 5 (XBK).

11. The configuration database backup procedure is complete. Type **** to exit the program.

If you are at release 6, then you need to make sure that your CPPM card has a external CF card and you can save the "single" folder as it contains your systems backup configuration.

You can even SFTP it using the nortel/admin2 account, but you need to mount the CF2 drive first via telnet in pdt.

All the best

Firebird Scrambler
Meridian 1 / Succession and BCM / Norstar Programmer in the UK

If it's working, then leave it alone!.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back