Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

swish/flash intro page 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

mrdinsdale

IS-IT--Management
Jun 5, 2002
US
how do I make an intro page. I have built my swish intro but I don't know how to set it up so that is the 1st thing a visitor sees. I tried one thing but I ended up messing up a hugh chunk of my web page. Once I do get it fixed I want to try to do it right.

Excellent question, I have the same..looking forward to a descriptive explaination of how to do it. James

Just export your intro page from SWiSH to HTML format. The export function is located about halfway down the menu on SWiSH's FILE toolbar. Be sure to put the SWF file in the same directory as your HTML code. Name the file INDEX.HTML (or whatever your ISP uses as the default name for your home page). Heres a link to a SWiSH created intro page for a site I'm working on for a customer:

Hope this helps.

algraff ::)

Thanks algraff. I was able to get that to work but, in making my intro page into the default it screwed up my main home page. It took away my borders in a front page built web. And I can't get them back. Have to rebuild. I don't think it's front pages fault because I and a friend have done this in a front page web before and it worked flawlessly. The prob seems to be in the renaming of the default home page. Can I use 'intro.html'? Thanks for any help you can give.

Avoid naming your SWiSH intro the same as your default page when you export it, then go in with FP and rename your pages so that the links in the rest of your web change. The SWiSH page on my demo is actually STANLEY1.HTM and my main menu is STANLEY2.HTM. My default page (INDEX.HTM) doesn't display but just uses a javascript to detect whether the visitor has a flash plugin or not and then forwards the browser to the appropriate page.

algraff ::)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back