Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

SWF to Screensaver

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tanag

Programmer
Oct 5, 2005
CA
I was wondering if it's possible to convert a Flash 8 movie into a screensaver file. I don't need any interactivity, just for the movie to loop indefinately. This will be used during tradeshows where we have an interactive copy of our software on display, but when no one is trying it out we'd like the screensaver to come on and show off a movie of our product. This movie is already made in flash for our website, so I'd like a simple conversion if possible.

If there is no way to do this manually does anyone know of any applications that can make this conversion? Preferably from a reputable company as if I opt to purchase this software for the company I work for they'd prefer it from somewhere reputable.
If there is a free version that would be nice, though my hopes aren't to high on that.

Thanks

Thanks.

Just gave them a call to order and got no answer. Seems like their site hasn't been updated in a few years, but hopefully that's not the case and I can get through later.

After hours of searching and trying different software I found that there isn't much out there in the way of free software.

Their software wasn't very good. I couldn't get a hold of anyone with their phone number, and their site doesn't appear to have been updated since 2001. So one can assume it doesn't support Flash 8. I would strongly recommend no one attempts to purchase this software.

In the end I opted to purchase software from They've won many awards and seem to be the most reputable company. After trying their demo I also liked it the best of anything I found. It was also rather cheap for $29.98 CAN.

Hopefully that will help others with similar goals.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back