Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

SWF management - Adobe Flash CS4 AS3

Status
Not open for further replies.

mdermez

Technical User
Mar 6, 2011
I want to design my own website in flash. But I have a couple of questions about swf management.

I have a frame which has buttons -it will be my main page- each button will call a swf file as

submenu.

For example I have the "about us" button. On click a swf -about us- submenu will appear.

1. When I call -on the click of a button- a swf file I want that file to have no background, cause I

want as background my current frame. -generally I want each swf file that i call to have no

background. How can I do that?

2. I want to call an intro animation. Its a swf file -short presentation of my copmany it lasts 10

sec- I want that animation to play before my menu appears. how can I do that? Is it good Idea to

call that intro as an external swf file or should I make it in my current project -my main page-

3. (its similar to 2) Lets say that I have 2 layers. In my first layer and frame(1) I will place the

movieclip1. In my second layer and frame(2) I will place movieclip2. Each movie clip lasts 10

seconds. When I test my project I want to my first movieclip to be played (10 seconds) and then my

second clip (another 10 seconds). What should my actionsript be? One way that I figured out its

that in order for my first clip to be played for ten seconds I have to place it on

24fps*10seconds=240frames -the first frame will be the keyframe.

thank you all in advance

I want to design my own website in flash
I would suggest you start by learning the basics and developing your knowledge from there.

Like most languages/software packages, Flash takes time to learn.

By all means ask specific questions here if you are having problems with a particular part of a project.

Keith

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back