Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

SWAT

Status
Not open for further replies.

Igaduma

Technical User
Nov 23, 2001
BE
Hi all,

I'm trying to run samba on a linux red hat 7.3 version ported to sparc.
When installing with samba support from the start it works (tested that), but I've re-installed the OS from scratch without samba support as means of an exercise.
I can get now samba227 from an rpm on it (samba,client,common) but i have lost swat.
I can find smbd/nmbd and all binaries but no swat.
Is there something I am missing or do I have to recompile a source to include swat?

Shouldn't it have been in the rpm's since it was all working when selecting "samba" upon initial install of the kernel ?

Not including it from scratch might have something to do with it ?

I

When I installed Samba on top of my Mandrake 9.1 box I had to download SWAT separately and install it myself, It seems that it is not bundled with the RPM's :(... or at least in my searching. if you need I can find a link for a SWAT RPM for you.. it's somewhere on the Mandrak pages I believe..

Sean

SWAT typically isn't bundled with Samba - it's a separate rpm. You should be able to get a current version from
Damon Garn
Technical Instructor
MCSE, MCT, CCNA, Linux+, Network+, Security+

hi all,

thanks for the info, got it up & running.

cheers,
I

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back