Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Swapping TN754B with TN 2224CP digital board

Status
Not open for further replies.

ARCOER

Technical User
Jan 21, 2009
US
Thanks in advanced. I just want to make sure I am doing this right. I am going to be swapping out Tn754B 4 wire digital boards with TN2224CP 2 wire digital boards. I moved all the stations off of the boards. All the ports say P, I think I need to set these to U? Is there anything else I need to do other than busyout the boards, take them out, and put the new ones in. Will the switch reconize that it is the new digital boards?

as long as there is no ports assigned on the card you can swap out the boards with out the busy out the switch will update

You will have to turn off the TTI feature in the System Features form. That will change the ports to a 'u'. No need to busy out the board if you have all of the translations removed. Pull the TN754 out and do a 'list configuration board' on the slot that it was in. The switch should respond 'no data'. If it still shows the TN754 with the pack removed do 'change circuit pack [PN]' and blank out the slot.

All cross connects for that slot should be removed prior to inserting the TN2224.

After the board is installed don't forget to turn TTI back on.

Kevin

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back