Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

swapdepths problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

abbott567

Technical User
Jun 18, 2007
GB
Hey...

i am using the swap depths function within a movieclip.
the only problem is once i have swapped the depths from the main timeline, and i then activate another movieclip also from the main timeline, the movieclip (within the movieclip) whos depth was last changed remains over the top of everything... i need a way to keep it all within the movieclip

to try and explain further
imagine the main timeline
on this we have page1_mc and page2_mc both movieclips

within page1_mc we have two more movieclips called drag1 and drag2

drag1 and drag2 are the two clips which we change the depths of, whichever one you click and drag gets moved to the front

now when we go back to the main timeline and click page2, this should load over the top of page1 obscuring it from view

but one of the drag movieclips is still present

any ideas?

I am abandoning the drag function i just want each
clip to move to the front on roll over

I am using the code

onRollOver {
this.swapDepths(1);
}

as I say this works but I am then left with something above all the other layers when I change

I know it's because my main timeline operates on level 0 and I am placing something on layer 1 but I do not know how to fix it lol

they are all just set on the stage
its like a mini website

each movie clip is a page
and when you select a new page the old one plays a sort of 'outro' then the new one loads up

fla file is located here if you can make head or tail of it

hmm... nobody got any ideas then?
sorry to be such a pest lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back