Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Swap power supply 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tickets Away

Programmer
Jun 14, 2017
US
I can't find any docs on this. Does anyone know if I can use a BCM 1000 power supply to replace the universal power supply on a BCM 400 cabinet. This is the cabinet that has only a single power supply and single fan. Thank you

No sure but check wattage and amps match, connector might need modification...

Per Link
The supplied power must be 100/240 V AC, 50/60 Hz, and 10 A minimum service with a
third-wire safety ground. The third-wire safety ground provides shock protection and prevents
electromagnetic interference.

I recall installing a standard PS that you use in a standard PC and making the modification on the connector.

Add me to LinkedIN

small-logo-sig.png

=----(((((((((()----=
Toronto, CAN

Thanks. I checked the part numbers and labels on both and they match. I installed it and it is online again.

A few months ago I took the redundant power supplies out of a BCM400 and put them into a BCM450. Even though the part number of the redundant BCM450 power supply is different they worked fine. Seemed a waste to have a redundant BCM400 when you can't hardly give them away anymore.

Brian Cox
Georgia Telephone

I knew a customer who were told to upgrade their BCM400 that never went wrong to a BCM450 as the 400 was out of support. Needless to say that the customer shoved the BCM400 into a small room and used it as a door stop. They had it planned to have disposed of when the BCM 450 failed and the maintenance engineer couldn't source a replacement PSU as none were in the country.

Good job the old 400 was intact as it saved the day.

Firebird Scrambler

Nortel & Avaya Meridian 1 / Succession & BCM / Norstar Programmer

Website = linkedin

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back