Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Swap Picture Help

Status
Not open for further replies.

jonathan22

Technical User
Mar 4, 2006
CA
I'm trying to make a page where there are 5 big letters, and whenever each is moused over, a picture is swapped in its place (and some text/picture appears somewhere else... but I haven't gotten there yet). So what I've done is saved the 5 letters seperately as .png files. I was able to center them and use behaviors to swap them, but my problem is that I don't want one of the letters to go to the next line if the window size is made too small.

So what I've tried so far is to put the five letters in a layer, which solves that issue, but then I can't center it. For some reason I couldn't group the 5 pictures, so I cut them to Word, changed wrapping to "in front of text," then I copied it back in to FrontPage. This way I could group the pictures, but I couldn't use swap picture in the behaviors.

If anyone has some sort of solution to my problem, it would be extremely appreciated.

Thanks for taking the time to read this!
Jonathan

Frontpage is a HTML editor and is ok for that but I would suggest you create your graphic functions using graphics software which will create the necessary support code. Animated GIF via Image Ready would be my preference but there are many solutions to your problem. IMO Frontpage is not one of them.

Keith

Hi:
A java program suite you can get for under $50 is J-Bots Plus. Not only can you swap pictures, but it's full of other java scripts that you can use for images, menus, navigation, forms, etc. I think their address is websunlimited.com, but if not, you can google for webs unlimited.
Cheers,

[tt]
Gus Brunston
www.thefirstnationalnetwork.com[/tt]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back