Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

swap extensions 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

jrjetta1

IS-IT--Management
May 27, 2009
US
Hi,
I know absolutely nothing about Avaya office manager. I need to swap two extensions. Our phone company charges almost $200 to swap extensions. I need to learn a little something about this IP Office manager.We are using IP Office Mgr 6.2. First, is there a way to backup the config before I do anything, just in case I totally screw this up? Is this separate from the voicemail server app? Does the Office Manager actually control the Office system i.e. the modules , etc?
If someone could help me , I would certainly appreciate it.
Thanks for any and all replies.

The Avaya Manager application is for programming, backup and restore of the IP Office. Everything you do in programming is done with this.
Each time you make a change the Avaya software automatically creates a xxxxxx.bak file which is located in C:\Program Files (x86)\Avaya\IP Office\Manager

The Voicemail PRO is programmed using the Voicemail PRO Client Software. No auto backup here. Must do backups manually.

You can look here for manuals:

Get a new phone company, we do that for free (MACs) as part of standard maintenance :)

"No problem monkey socks

amriddle01 that can be a lot of work as I know customers that play musical chairs every week and we convinced them to use hotdesking rather than calling us every week. We just did not want to take their money every time they decide on a whim to move desks and we also did not do it for free due to the amount of extra work.
Every once in a while they screw it up so badly that we have to go and fix it but otherwise they are fine.

Joe W.

FHandw, ACSS (SME), ACIS (SME)

Interrupt the silence only if you improve it by saying something, otherwise be quiet and everybody will be grateful.

an easy way is to go in manager/extensions and switch them there, you will need to do a reboot even thou id only calls for a merge.

acss sme acis sme acss cm 5.2.1 acss cm and cmm acss aura messaging.

ya but that only works if programmed for a hot desk phone

No, if the user is NOT a hotdesk, and you swap the base extension numbers and then merge, go to the first phone and dial *36. It will come up No User. Go to the second phone and dial *36, it will come up with the new extension number and the other No User phone will come up with its new number.

and this will prevent the reboot? if so thanks so much for the info.

Indeed it does, we do this all the time :)[tt][/tt]

"No problem monkey socks

that is nothing
my old company charged 2 hours minimum for ANY service call or MAC and the first hour was $172.50 and any subsequent hour was $125 so for coming in and doing a reboot on the system or switching a set of extensions they charged $300, plus taxes are extra (so add another %13).

Joe W.

FHandw, ACSS (SME), ACIS (SME)

Interrupt the silence only if you improve it by saying something, otherwise be quiet and everybody will be grateful.

Just to add to this.. I have noticed in 8.1.69 that merging seems to work now if you swap extension in software.

Would not have believed it if I did not see it with my own eyes.

Don't swap Extns in manager tel the customer to swap leads at the patch panel.

if you keep swapping in manager it becomes a right pain to identify which extn is on which ports (ok looking in manager will tell you but that can still be inconvenient)

A Maintenance contract is essential, not a Luxury.
Do things on the cheap & it will cost you dear

There are exceptions on that:
yPSfC-9xH8iVs9BFtO9D_8rwWMkQxDKI2TZwmtws1A=w124-h207-p-no

Intrigrant, is that a working system? If so, hilarious!

----- "Always be yourself. Unless you can be Batman, always be Batman"-------

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back