Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Swap extension number 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sebqc

IS-IT--Management
Aug 24, 2004
CA
Hi,
i have to "swap" two extensions. Let's say the 260 will become the 230, and 230 the 260.
the terminals are T7316 and the system is DR5.
I already activate the set relocation to on, but it didn't help.
Have you got any ideas?
Thanks a lot.

what system and software you have?
try this: system programing - change dn.

The best way to do this is to make your changes at the phone panel wiring through cross connects. This will insure that your system and extensions keep the correct programming. If you are unfamiliar with the procedure, I recommend calling your vendor.

I agree with bkrike, the most efficient way to manage your system parameters and wiring scheme would be at the distribution points for wiring, a qualified vendor to program to the system's capabilities..

In fact the software version number is:
PS 30CGE02 NAT
I don't find "change dn" options under system programming.
I only have:
Search group
Auto reception
hotel service
I don't have access to the panel, i'd like to find a software solution.
Thanks a lot for yoru help

It is there. It also sounds like you aren't in the Installer Programming section.

How to get in the installer programming section?

on DR5 they had a different name than "changeDN" it was called individual dn A.Configuration->5.system data->individual DN

If voting could really change things, it would be illegal.

JerryReeve
Communications Systems Int'l
com-sys.com

But what about this "installer mode"?
I went to config mode F**config,
there is an other access to get those options?
Thanks a lot.

F**config is the one you need, just follow what jerryreeve said. thats why I asked for software version. not all systems are the same.

obobob sorry for stepping on your toes.

If voting could really change things, it would be illegal.

JerryReeve
Communications Systems Int'l
com-sys.com

Thanks a lot for your help, ot works great!
One last question though, i has to swap 226 and 231.
It's ok it works. But do i have to do something for the mailboxes to stay associated? That 226 goes to 231 and 231 to 226.
Thanks a lot

I know this is late.... If you have set names programmed they will not follow set relocation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back