Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

SW release upgrade on G3R

Status
Not open for further replies.

GladniJura

Technical User
Jun 12, 2006
HR
hello,

We have an Definity G3 SW release 9.5 Our Avaya support wanted to establish alarm monitoring via integrated modem in Definity but each time when Definity has alarm and want to call an administered hot-line number and after one ring switch drop this call. Now Avaya want to upgrade SW release. this is T3 answer:
So it would now seem that the only course of action is to upgrade your switch to a new software load as R10 had only one official release.I will now start the ball rolling in getting the appropriate MO disks dispatched to you and then we can arrange the upgrade, on the back of this we will need to supply you with a new R11 license file which will be applied post upgrade.Although you are getting an upgrade to R11 your feature set will only reflect that of your current switch being R10.

what does it mean? It would solve my problem?

thanks

Definity V9 switches do not use license files. Beginning in V10 Avaya introduced license files as a method of controlling software theft. What the Tier 3 engineer is proposing is to upgrade your switch to the latest G3r load but install a license file to tell the software to perform at a lower level. This is administered by Avaya on the Customer Options form. You can check both the loaded software level and the 'acting' software level by logging into the switch and typing 'newterm'. Below is an example from one of my switches:

System: G3siV9 Software Version: R010i.01.0.052.0

Even though it has a V10 load it is acting as a V9.

Kevin

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back