Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Svr 2000 Terminal Services Issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xyphious

MIS
May 6, 2008
GB
Hi all,

got a problem with Terminal Services on my W2K box.

I've set up terminal services and have mirrored the settings of our other fully working w2k system but for some reason i can't seem to connect to the new setup remotly

I've checked the event logs and the only issues i'm seeing are:

Event id: 2003
Source: Perflib
The configuration information of the performance library "C:\WINNT\system32\w3ctrs.dll" for the "W3SVC" service does not match the trusted performance library information stored in the registry. The functions in this library will not be treated as trusted.

Event id: 2002
Source: Perflib
The open procedure for service "RemoteAccess" in DLL "C:\WINNT\System32\rasctrs.dll" has taken longer than the established wait time to complete. There may be a problem with this extensible counter or the service it is collecting data from or the system may have been very busy when this call was attempted.

Event id: 47
Source: WinMgmt
WMI ADAP was unable to retrieve data from the PerfLib subkey: SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\TermService\Performance\Library, error code: 0x80041009

If anyone has any suggestions it'd be much appreciated, also i can post up any further required info.

Cheers

--If something's worth doing, its worth doing right - HST RIP--

As an addition, i've just confirmed port 3389 is not active. I've checked all the reg settings and compared them to the working machine and everything seems to be the same.

Typically you would see these perflib related messages if you have a service that's been disabled. If you have the IIS web service, Routing/Remote access and Telephony services disabled, you would get these message popping up. There a Win2K resource kit tool that allowed you to filter these messages (forgot the name of it unfortunately)

As for you terminal services issue, have you configured this for remote administration or is it for application hosting?

Thanks for the reply itsp1965, i've got Terminal Services set to remote admin mode.

Thanks for the info on the event logs, i'll see if i can find out anything more

Cheers

As good web etiquette dictates here is how i fixed it:

Checked the registry and found that the standard port for RDP (3389) was set to port 80, changed this back to 3389, rebooted and that sorted the problem.

If reboot doesn't work, try finding anything that might block the signal, like external devices. It could be external harddrives, laptops, notebooks. If that doesn't work, can you set a landline connection instead of a remote one?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back