Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

SV9500 ip to serial

Status
Not open for further replies.

RonL2

Technical User
Jan 22, 2013
US
Does NEC have a solution similar to the Mitel Ipocket to convert IP to Serial for things like SMDR and PMS integration.

I have seen these but I wasn't sure if it would accept and pass the proper proticol for PMS integration.
If it does, then this is perfect. We are going to virtulize the Voicemail (4730) and needed to be sure we could connect with the PMS if the PMS could not be upgraded to accept an IP interface. Also possibly virtulize the 9500, with the same need.
It would be better to upgrade the peripheral but I'm looking for a "just in case" solution.

This SCG-IO00-B provides four ports of serial interface for connecting PCPro, SMDR and MCI, etc. A maximum
of two IOC cards can be used in the system.

3racefan3: yup - but im looking at a virtual Vmail and PBX - no I/O ports available

I'm pretty sure these IP to serial devices do not in any way interpret or modify the signal they pass on and it isn't a great expense to buy one and try it!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back