Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

SV9500 audio cut-out when picking up someone else's line with ongoing conversation

phadobas

Technical User
Jul 30, 2005
US
So the scenario I have on the SV9500 is this: persons A, B and C are on a conference call. RT909 is being used to provide a 3-party conference. All good. Now person D, whose phone has person A, or B or C's line appearing on his own phone, picks up that line. Thereby he joins the 3-party conference call, which transitions over to an 8-party conference circuit created to accommodate this feature. From this point on, an additional 4 persons can join the call by picking up the line appearance of A or B or C from their own phone.

This is all good and working, but the problem is that when the call transitions from 3-party circuit (RT 909) to 8-party conference call, a brief audio cut-out occurs. This may not seem like a big issue, but currently this is literally the biggest issue I have to solve and I have to solve it somehow. We are all engrained that it is normal on the SV9500, however this is not acceptable for the users.

There are some workarounds that are not accepted. Like tell all participants to just dial into an 8-party conference and be done with it. No.

I have 3-party conference circuits programmed on a VS32, and the 8-party conference also on VS32, but they are on different VS32-s. I have 3 VS32-s on the system for various functions. Maybe putting the 8-party and the 3-party conferences on the same VS32 solve the problem or at least reduce the cutout time to near zero?

Or, I also have 3 PIM-s on the system, and I have some TDM CFT cards. I could try programming the 3-party and the 8-party circuits onto these TDM CFT cards. Maybe those would eliminate the cutout?

The phones that are on these calls are IP phones, DT700/DT800/DT900. So I believe (but I might be wrong) that keeping all legs of the call pure IP (and not use the TDM cards) is more advisable.

Then potentially (and this seems to be the most promising workaround), when the original 3-party conference is established by the use of CONF button, force the call to immediately jump onto an 8-party conference circuit. If I could do this, it would solve the problem.

Has anyone run into this and found some sort of solution for this?

I just want to make sure you are using the feature A-121 and have at least V5 software?

Yes, using feature A-121, Add-on Conference, and my software version is V9.5. Using CP02-s in the system

Your right their is a small delay in connecting the 4 party as the system transfer the calls to the 8 party bridge. I think your using Barge-in (Executive Right of Way with no Tones) at the same time. I do remember a short delay.

I'm still looking for a workaround for this. If anybody has any ideas...

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back