Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

SV9100 - Picking up calls on hold

Status
Not open for further replies.

bigdave1980

Systems Engineer
Dec 18, 2017
GB
Hello,

One of our SV9100 customers has come to me with a question about picking up calls which have been placed on hold. More specifically, they are saying that up until a few months ago they could place a call on hold using the hold button on one handset, and then another person would be able to pick up that held call from another handset by pressing the relevant flashing line key. That didn't sound right to me, as I thought it wasn't possible to pick up a call which another extension had placed on hold, but please correct me if I'm wrong. I thought that was call parking, but the end user assures me that it was the Hold button that they were using to put the call on hold.

To add to this, they've just said:

"When an incoming call is put on hold it just flashes red on the extension that answered the call but is a solid red light on all the other phones and cant be picked up."

"If an outgoing call is put on hold it works as expected and flashes on all extensions and can be picked up on any of them."

Could they be right? Have I missed something? Maybe the "flashing line key" they've mentioned was actually a busy lamp field key for the extension that put the call on hold? I've looked at all sorts of things and I couldn't see how it would have been working like they described, or anything that would have stopped it working either.

Any suggestions will be very much appreciated as I've had this one going on for weeks now.

Thanks!

Do you have line appearances or cap keys?

Hi Don W,

In 15-07 they're all just set as "*01 - Trunk Key" along with the trunk numbers 1 to 6 under additional data. Is that where you meant? If not, where should I be looking please?

Thanks

I woder if they are putting the calls on exclusive hold

@Don W I did take a look at that, and it appears that the Hold buttons on their handsets are set to operate as "Normal Hold".

I've compared an old backup database from their system with another which I took just today, and ran a file-to-file verify between them in PCPro to see all the differences. Whilst there were a few differences in there which I'd been expecting to see, I couldn't see anything that had changed at all that might have caused the call hold operation to have changed.

No, normal operation is that when a line is placed on hold (where they have the line keys set on each phone) the led will flash on all handsets and you can pick the call up from any handset. It definitely sounds as though they are setting exclusive hold rather than normal hold IIRC you set exclusive hold by pressing the hold key twice, could this be user misoperation?

@OzzieGeorge Thanks, I'll take another look at it when I get the chance. Maybe it is indeed mis-operation. I'll ask them to detail the entire process they're using from start to finish in case they're pressing something they don't need to.

@CoralTech

Under 15-06 (Trunk Access Map for Extensions) all extensions are set to use trunk access map 1 in all modes.

Under 14-07 (Trunk Access Map Setup) the SIP trunks are set as "Incoming/Outgoing access and access when trunk on hold".

@OzzieGeorge

I've not yet asked them to detail the entire process they're using but I have seen in the manual that it says to press Feature + Hold in order to place a call on Exclusive Hold, so perhaps that's what they're doing for some reason.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back