Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

SV9100 CP20 DDI to ring group not stepping on to next ring group

Status
Not open for further replies.

bigdave1980

Systems Engineer
Dec 18, 2017
GB
We've got a customer with an SV9100 CP20 which we look after. They have a bunch of DDI's programmed via the DDI routing table, and one of those is pointed at a particular IRG in target 2. If unanswered within 20 seconds, or if all group members are busy, it should stop ringing that IRG and step on to another IRG which is in target 3.

The customer is reporting that incoming calls are ringing on the IRG in target 2 ok, but if all members of that IRG are busy on a call then subsequent incoming calls are "ringing in the background" (described to me as the phones in the group are still ringing despite being busy on calls) rather than stepping on to target 3.

I have checked all sorts of settings and I cannot find any reason why calls to the IRG are continuing to ring on busy extensions rather than stepping on to the next target. Does anyone have any suggestions please? I've looked at everything I can think of. All handsets concerned are NEC VoIP handsets.

Thanks!

Ya, you need to check you COS to make sure you phones can't take a second call.

FWIW you can now set delayed ringing in the ring group itself now.

Thanks @CoralTech, I had a look at 20-09-01 Second External Call in COS and it's disabled in all classes. I disabled off-hook ringing on the affected phones a while ago and that made no difference either. Could it possibly be something to do with headsets? The extensions in question have headset keys programmed on them but I am not completely sure whether the users are actually using headsets right now, I think it's planned for the near future so the keys are programmed for them. If somebody pressed a headset key and activated headset mode, could that possibly cause the problems they are seeing? I'm just guessing now, I am running out of ideas unfortunately.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back