Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

SV9100 Call Recording (non-voip system)

Status
Not open for further replies.

chrismec

Programmer
Mar 12, 2018
US
Hi all, we are getting a non-voip SV9100 system installed soon and there may be a need in the future to have call recording on a few of the digital extensions. I believe the requirement would be to record all calls on these extensions, both internal and calls on external trunks. I see that NEC does offer a call recording solution, but I'm not sure if it is capable of recording digital extension calls and if it is maybe limited to only trunk line calls. Depending on the NEC call recording solution capabilities, we may allow the few extensions that require recording to be VOIP phones, if that would allow an NEC solution to work. Thank you all for any advice you can provide!

Are you sure you need internal calls recorded? This is important. You can buy digital phone recording system that will tap them USB call record makes some of them. If you are only needed external calls I would suggest a trunk side (PRI?) recorder. This will allow you to enable and disable recorded extensions AND its one cost that cover ALL your extensions.

We used a product from Versadial, had good experience with support staff and price was not that bad.

For the extensions in our operations center, there will be way more internal calls to record than trunk side. I was thinking that was going to be a problem, especially on digital extensions, but thanks to ya'lls suggestions I see that usbcallrecord has a digital extension recorder that is compatible with the SV9100. Thank you very much CoralTeck and 3reacefan3!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back