Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

SV8500 Reinstall the OS with 3rd party CF card

Status
Not open for further replies.

hcmbmt

Technical User
Jan 15, 2008
VN
The manual said that "Only CF Card provided by NEC" but It's EOS.
Can I use the "Transcend CompactFlash® Ultra 2 GB Industrial" to re-install OS for SV8500 system?
To do the "Initial Install" for CF via PC PRO Tool, should format CF card to blank then start over again - so what is different between NEC's CF and 3rd party CF?
btw, anyone have the Univerge SV8500 DVD goes with USB CF Card tool and the Image file?
SV8500_DVD_jdiflt.png

Image_mb4hl5.png

Test it to see.

Try using the same brands NEC used. Transcend is one of them. They also used to use Sandisk. Use only the best speeds.

Years ago I tried to use an off brand and although the files loaded onto the card it would not boot in the PBX.

I know of a customer who used a 3rd party card and it worked but the speeds were much slower than the original NEC cards. It took noticeably longer to backup the database to the flash drive.

There are 10 kinds of people in the World.

Those that understand Binary and those that don't.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back