Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

SV8500 LAN 2 not working

Status
Not open for further replies.

mikew1948

Technical User
Aug 21, 2022
US
Just wondering if it's possible to use LAN1 for MAT (PCPRO).
LAN 2 is not working, can't ping. The address is the same it has been for years and could always connect with PCPRO. The system was down for 5 days because the rectifier failed. I tried the default address but can't ping that either. If I connect directly it appears it's in the correct network because it shows connect status without the "LIMITED" message. LAN 1 is not used for anything,
Any help will be greatly appreciated.

What version of SV8500 is it?

I would try activating the license again to see if that clears the issue. I don't think Lan 2 works until the license is activated. It could have lost the activation when the system crashed, which is not a good thing and indicates hard disk corruption.

You may have to restore the generic software to the flash card and restore the database from a backup.

There are 10 kinds of people in the World.

Those that understand Binary and those that don't.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back