Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

SV8300 not getting trunk dial tone

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rafiqul Islam

Systems Engineer
Apr 3, 2022
BD
Hi,
Here I am facing a trouble that when I press access code for outgoing call then not getting dial tone but call is ok if dials the number.
Trunk port and outside line is ok and call in out also ok, only not getting the dial tone after press the access code.

I changed the 2nd dial tone setting in PRI setting as sending 2nd dial tone but till not working.

Anybody please guide me to resolve.

Second dial tone on a PRI is fake. It is not coming from (nor is it necessary as you have proven) from the Telco Provider. It comes from the PBX its self.

Dial tones for the PRI is I believe are generated by the CPU. I can't find anywhere in the manuals that states it comes from the PRI card. That is possible you could replace the card to see if that helps. I doubt it though.

You may want to backup the system and then reset it (Power off reset).

However at this point 8300s scare me. They have a tendency to have memory failures where you have to replace the system memory to get them to run again. You know this when you go to start it and seemingly it does nothing. Like the power supply is not working.

The other option is to have your customer simply learn to live without 2nd dial tone. It is not needed anyway.

There are 10 kinds of people in the World.

Those that understand Binary and those that don't.

Thanks for your reply and I am also agree with you.
In trunk route, have the option for 2nd dial tone and that why I think it generate from PRI card/trunk card
Anyway, will check as per your suggestion.

Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back