Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

SV8100 Telephone and Trunk Ports Misnumbered?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ahorner

Programmer
Sep 5, 2023
GB
Hi there,

I have been turning my SV8100 on and off every now and again and changing some configuration, mainly following the Features and Specifications Manual to set up InMail,

I have found all of my telephone and trunk ports to have suddenly moved, and my IP Trunk Availability to be turned off.

Even after powering down, removing all cards except the CPU card, powering on, logging in and removing the cards from the System Configuration page, logging out, logging back in to confirm, powering down and reinstalling the cards, powering back up, the Telephone and Trunk ports are still significantly offset from the default numbering I would expect, as can be seen below:

cardlayoutsv8100_a7ohvy.jpg

This leaves me puzzled, as the other ports which come before these do not appear to be assigned to anything, as can be seen below:

trunkssv8100_lp4mqz.jpg
extensionssv8100_oxy6ut.jpg

Dialing the extension number for any of the missing ports simply plays back the message "Vacant Number".

Any suggestions as to why my ports and trunks have suddenly shifted leaving the ones before them unpopulated would be greatly appreciated,

Thanks!

You probably need to default the system and put the cards in one at a time. What doe your feat and auth page show you? PRI in first slot is a no-no and I have seen MANY dealers do this.

Slot 2 DLCA
Slot 3 LCA
Slot 4-6 the PRI card.

Unless you want to add more station cards later I normally stick the PRI in slot 6.

Bet you anything you allocated a ton of IP trunks and started at like port 1.

If this is 64 port processor this is all kinds of wrong.

Hey there CoralTech,

I have existing configuration on this system I do not want to lose, and therefore would like to avoid a defaulting of the system. I do also intended to add more station cards down the line.

The most IP Trunks I allocated was a set of 4, no more than that, though I have left them unconfigured. Previously, the PRI card took the first 30 trunk slots and the digital and single line cards were also taking the first 8 and next 4 telephone slots respectively. I have no idea how they have moved upwards, and now all of the extension numbers are out of line with the expected ports.

I'm not certain how to tell which processor this is exactly, but the IP Trunk Port Count goes up to 200 if this is any indication,

Here are my feature auths:

featuressv8100_kmuvaw.jpg

Thanks!

Ok, that isn't US version to be sure. Possibly UK or Aussie. Looks like it was a call center. US uses 23 port PRI not 30. Personally I would default it and program it. Depends on what you are trying to do?

I'm in the UK indeed so an E1, but can't identify the exact region of my system firmware. See for clarification of what I mean by that.

I'm trying to get this system set up for trunking to various existing networks, I already have some configuration and would have liked to avoid resetting but if it really is necessary I can do so. My concern there though is this happened with no good reason as far as I can tell. I don't want to set a bunch of stuff up only for this to happen again, so if any root cause can be identified I'd like to as to avoid future incident.

Well, first I don't see any SIP trunks defined. Looks UK to me. Well there is always a reason if you are poking around. You should be backing up often so you can restore. Did you allocate loopbacks or mobile extensions? Is there a Netlink system defined with another shelf?

The SIP trunks have been removed automatically, when I added them back they got stuck on the end, and then upon doing the whole card removal and reinstall thing earlier they got turned off again automatically.

Definitely on me that I wasn't doing backups!

Virtual Loopback Port Count is set to 0, Mobile Extension Setup shows defaults as far as I can tell, and the Extension list on the right goes from 001 to 496 including the ports allocated to the physical cards so I can only assume that's normal and unconfigured. No Netlink systems have been defined at all.

Unless there are any other ideas I suppose I shall just need to bite the bullet and reset it.

Personally I would. What there's like 15 minutes of programming there..max?

Sounds good, will do so. I did try a backup and restore and it restored with the same issue, but also completely forgetting IP addresses and service tones so that really, really sucks because I can't trust backups to remember everything.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back