Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

SV8100 InMail Utility?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ahorner

Programmer
Sep 5, 2023
GB
Hey there,

Does anyone have access to the SV8100 InMail Utility they could send me? I just set up VM on my system and it is completely dead, so presumably the CF card needs rebuilding.

I hear there is both an A-Law and a U-Law variant. I need the A-Law variant but if someone has the U-Law I would happily take a copy for archival too in case I ever need it,

Thanks!

I can send it to an email address. However it can only loaded on a pre WIN7 machine. It is a DOS program.

Hey there belevedere,

No worries, I can run it in a small VM if needs be, my email address is <redacted>.

Thanks!

Yea I just set up an XP 32 bit and 7 32 bit VM in preparation for receiving it. Hoping I can get VM working, managed to find a manual for it but the test dialing doesn't result in anything, so hence assumption CF needs reworking.

Shame I can't find PC Pro nor the firmware for this system. Love the hardware but the severe lack of documentation on the software side makes this an incredibly tricky PBX to set up with no experience of NEC stuff!

That's because you are supposed to be certified. The 2100 is over the counter.

Oh I know, but where's the fun in that eh?

Thank you belevedere, utility and driver are working, card being rebuilt!

Ya, I've never seen a rebuild save a bad VM. The 8100/UX/Aspire VM setup there is a couple of steps you have to take to make it actually work unlike the 9100. Also, you need to check that you have VM ports in your feat auth otherwise it will never work. I THINK they always shipped with a min of 2. Been a few minutes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back