Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

SV8100 Inmail Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

NateCrutcher

Vendor
Mar 29, 2019
US
We took over an SV8100 system and just recently the customer reported problems with their Inmail. After going onsite to troubleshoot we discovered that when you place an inbound call the Inmail states "mailbox is full". However, when you try to check any messages from a phone it states all mailboxes are empty. Is there a problem with the Inmail card? Where should I go from here? I have tried to reboot with no change. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

I always start with the simplest thing first, Check 47-02-03 for number of messages allowed, manual recommends entering 0 for unused boxes so maybe previous tech modified settings.

Ok. It looks like mailbox 101 is set to 99 and mailbox for 102 is set to 20. These are the only 2 extensions with mailboxes.

You state this occurs on an inbound call. It is possible that the call terminates to a Group Mailbox configured to be a subscriber mailbox.

You should be able to see the messages in Group Mailbox by logging into the USER1 account (at least this works on the 9100). You can then delete the messages via the browser.

Supposedly the voicemail had been working fine until recently. As far as I can tell there are no subscriber mailboxes set up. The only 2 extensions that have inmail boxes are 101 and 102. Could it possibly be a bad Inmail card?

Check the group mailboxes for messages. Maybe they got hacked.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back